Filming and Location Rental
The Historic Harris House offers a unique historical setting just minutes from downtown Los Angeles and Hollywood that is perfect for your next production. Consider it as a filming location when the setting requires a:
- Victorian Mansion
- Basement or Crawl Space
- East Coast House
- Midwest House
- Old Home Location
- Period Location: 1800’s through 1940’s
- Turn of the Century Mansion
- Haunted House
- Mad Scientist’s Home
- Occult Expert’s Home
- Located in Glendale. Convenient to Burbank, Pasadena, Hollywood, Downtown Los Angeles.
- Built 1902
- ~3,946 sq. ft. on 3 levels: 2 floors plus finished brick basement
- 1st floor features renovated plaster walls, ornate woodwork, chandeliers, and 12 ft. ceilings
- Antique furniture and natural history specimens like fossils and taxidermy
- 2nd floor has original 1902 wood floors, plaster walls and ceilings
- On the second floor is a unique “boarding house” style bathroom with 2 stalls, 2 showers (circa 1940’s)
- 9,000 sq. ft. lot with mature trees
Load In & Crew Parking
The Historic Harris House has a driveway which can fit:
- 6 cars or;
- Up to a 5 ton, 22-foot box truck
- Parking can also be done on the street or in nearby parking lots (Ralphs) which can be rented inexpensively (by the vehicle)
We recommend that you bring your own generator however, The Historic Harris House has a 200A panel that you can tie into (day charge). Interior wiring can not support higher amperage so we recommend running your own cables.
There is a large side yard where craft tents can be set up easily.
City of Glendale Permits
Productions are responsible for obtaining their own permits and insurance for filming. More information can be found here:
The Harris House can easily support events up to 45 people at a time. We can also provide staff as needed. Please contact us to discuss your event.