Victorian Filming and Location Rental
The Historic Harris House offers a unique historical setting just minutes from downtown Los Angeles and Hollywood. The house is perfect for your next film, show, music video, or commercial production.
Use it as your next filming location when you need a:
- Victorian Mansion
- Basement or Crawl Space
- East Coast House
- Midwest House
- Old Home Location
- Period Location: 1800’s through 1940’s
- Turn of the Century Mansion
- Haunted House
- Mad Scientist’s Home
- Occult Expert’s Home
- Located in Glendale. Convenient to Burbank, Pasadena, Hollywood, Downtown Los Angeles.
- Built 1902
- ~3,946 sq. ft. on 3 levels: 2 floors plus finished brick basement
- 1st floor features renovated plaster walls, ornate woodwork, chandeliers, and 12 ft. ceilings
- Antique furniture and natural history specimens like fossils and taxidermy
- 2nd floor has original 1902 wood floors, plaster walls and ceilings
- On the second floor is a unique “boarding house” style bathroom with 2 stalls, 2 showers (circa 1940’s)
- 9,000 sq. ft. lot with mature trees
The Historic Harris House has a driveway which can fit:
- 6 cars or;
- Up to a 5 ton, 22-foot box truck
Parking for Crew
The Harris House is located in a residential area which has limited street parking. By request of our neighbors and the City of Glendale, crew may not use street parking in the immediate neighborhood. Smaller productions that don’t have a large truck are welcome to park in the driveway. Larger productions should look into nearby parking space rental. A nearby church (on the same block) and Ralph’s (at Glendale and Wilson) offer reasonable rates for parking and the church can offer base camp facilities during the week. Contacts provided on request.
We recommend that you bring your own generator however, The Historic Harris House has a 200A panel that you can tie into (day charge). Interior wiring can not support higher amperage so we recommend running your own cables.
There is a large side yard where craft tents can be set up easily.
City of Glendale Permits
Productions are responsible for obtaining their own permits and insurance for filming. More information can be found here:
Book a Location Scout
Visiting the Historic Harris House is the best way to see if this location is right for your next film, commercial, music video, or photo shoot. Tours are by appointment only.