Victorian Filming and Location Rental
The Historic Harris House offers a unique historical setting just minutes from downtown Los Angeles and Hollywood. As a turn of the century, Victorian house, it’s perfect for your next film, show, music video, or commercial production.
Use it as your next filming location when you need a:
- Victorian Mansion
- Basement or Crawl Space
- East Coast House
- Midwest House
- Old Home Location
- Period Location: 1800’s through 1940’s
- Turn of the Century Mansion
- Haunted House
- Mad Scientist, Professor, or Unusual Character’s Home
- The house is located in Glendale California and is convenient to Burbank, Pasadena, Hollywood, Downtown Los Angeles.
- Built 1902, the house features ~3,946 sq. ft. on 3 levels: 2 floors plus it even has a finished brick basement!
- The 1st floor features renovated plaster walls, ornate woodwork, chandeliers, and 12 ft. ceilings
- The residence is richly appointed with antique furniture and natural history specimens like fossils and taxidermy.
- The 2nd floor has original 1902 wood floors, plaster walls and ceilings. There you will find a unique “boarding house” style bathroom with 2 stalls, 2 showers (circa 1947).
- 9,000 sq. ft. lot with mature trees
The Historic Harris House has a driveway which can fit:
- 6 cars or;
- Up to a 5 ton, 22-foot box truck
Parking for Crew
The Harris House is located in a residential area which has limited street parking. To accommodate our neighbors and the City of Glendale, crew may not use street parking on the 100 block of N. Cedar. Smaller productions that don’t have a large truck are welcome to park in the driveway and other nearby streets. Larger productions should look into nearby parking space rental.
We are happy to work with you to find solutions for parking.
The Harris House has fully updated electrical service (2021) and most lights and equipment can be connected to house power. Please note that large HMI lights will require a generator.
There is a large side yard where craft tents can be set up easily.
City of Glendale Permits
Productions are responsible for obtaining their own permits and insurance for filming. Glendale permits are now handled by FilmLA.
Book a Location Scout
Visiting the Historic Harris House is the best way to see if this location is right for your next film, commercial, music video, or photo shoot. Tours are by appointment only.